Twenty-fifth Color and Imaging Conference (CIC25)
Color Science and Engineering Systems, Technologies, and Applications
September 11-15, 2017
Please join us in Lillehammer, Norway for the 25th CIC, the premier annual international conference on color and imaging topics. We always have a great mix of industrial and academic participants from many countries, and our single-track format makes it easy to engage with all the speakers. Short courses taught by global experts, topical workshops, an exhibit, and a robust social program offer additional opportunities to learn, teach, and engage. Come help us celebrate the historic 25th year of the event!
Get your submissions ready, consider sharing your expertise through a short course or workshop, help us get the word out, and prepare for a great week in Norway! We're looking forward to seeing you and enjoying an excellent conference together.
CIC25 CONFERENCE TOPICS
Technical papers are invited in, but not limited to, the following:
- Color Perception: Visual adaptation, visual psychophysics, color blindness, inter-observer differences, salience and attention, psychological effects of color, spatial and temporal color vision, color semiotics, color harmony, memory color, animal color vision
- Capture and Display: Image capture, color imaging sensing, multi-modal capture, multi-primary displays, mobile color imaging, special effects color printing, multi-ink printing, high dynamic range (HDR) color imaging, pseudo-color and data visualization, color imaging workflows
- Material Appearance and Color: Material capture, appearance reproduction, and modeling (gloss, translucence, etc.), color 3D printing, color in 3D, 3D CAD modeling, 3D scanning, spatial color models, computer generated imagery (CGI)
- Color Theory: Color science, colorimetry, uniform color spaces, expanded color spaces, color difference, color appearance models, color constancy, color modeling, color distribution in the universe, color and psychophysics
- Color in Illumination and Lighting: Color rendering, color mixing, light projection, metamerism, multi-illumination imaging, atmosphere, quality of light
- Image Quality: Image quality, color image processing, color gamut mapping, computational imaging, color difference metrics, color preference, color fidelity
- Multispectral Imaging: Spectral image capture, processing and analysis, spectral image quality, spectral image visualization, display and reproduction, spectral optimization of imaging systems, spectral image applications
- Specific Color Applications: Color in cinema, broadcast video, AR/VR, user interfaces, computer graphics, video games, medical and dental imaging, biomedical prosthetics, security applications, camouflage, automotive applications, paints, coatings, nano-materials
CIC25 WORKSHOPS AND TOPICS
CIC25 workshops will consist of short presentations and moderated discussion of the following topics. If you are interested in contributing to a workshop, please contact the workshop chairs via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cultural Heritage: Color and imaging in museum and other cultural settings, including capture, analysis, archiving, and reproduction of 2D and 3D art, objects, and materials.
- Virtual Reality and 360° Capture: Color and imaging for applications including spherical camera systems, image stitching, video coding, stereo rendering, and head-mounted displays.
- Medical Applications: Color and imaging for biological and medical applications, including skin and tooth capture, remote monitoring and diagnosis, pathology.
HOW TO SUBMIT / NOTE JOURNAL OPTION
Authors have the option to submit either a traditional conference paper, which will be published in the proceedings only, or a paper that will also appear in the Journal of Imaging Science and Technology (JIST). Papers submitted via either option will be considered for CIC presentation.
How to Submit Conference Papers:
Original work on relevant topics will be considered by the CIC Review Committee when submitted in the form of a 4-6 page draft paper by March 1, 2017. Papers should represent unpublished work, provide a clear indication of originality, contain at least preliminary results, and include references to prior work.
A double-blind review process is used to select papers based on criteria including technical soundness and novelty. Final decisions on acceptance and presentation format (oral or interactive paper) are at the discretion of the Technical Program Committee. Notices of acceptance will be sent out in mid April. Upon acceptance, instructions are provided for the preparation of the full paper, which is published in the conference proceedings.
Final papers are due July 11, 2017. Direct submission inquiries to Diana Gonzalez (+1 703 642 9090 x106; email@example.com).
How to submit a Journal (JIST-first) Paper:
Journal papers differ from conference papers in that they meet the standards of the Journal of Imaging Science and Technology (JIST) in terms of scope, originality, relevance of topic, completeness of background and references to prior work, completeness of results and discussion, and quality of language. Refer to JIST Author Guidelines and Information.
Complete JIST CIC25 2017 papers are due, submitted directly to JIST, by March 1, 2017 and are fast-tracked for review. Accepted papers are published in JIST, appear in the CIC proceedings as reprints, and are presented at CIC within the technical papers program. Decisions and requests for revision, if required, will be sent to authors by the end of April. Revisions of provisionally accepted papers are due within 10 days following the decision letter. Upon acceptance of papers, first authors will register for CIC, and will be asked to pay JIST page fees reduced by 50%. Submit papers via jist.msubmit.com for the JIST submission link and further instructions.
All text above via http://www.imaging.org/site/IST/Conferences/Color_and_Imaging/IST/Conferences/CIC/CIC_Home.aspx, accessed 27/11/16.
For further information, including all practical details and submission links, please see http://www.imaging.org/site/IST/Conferences/Color_and_Imaging/IST/Conferences/CIC/CIC_Home.aspx.